About Fine Media Ltd (FML)
Over a decade and counting of creative and innovative Cinematography, Communications, behavioural change, Events, and Experiential Marketing Agency in the Market. We deliver solutions and believe that the best quality in our industry can only be achieved and delivered at Fine Media, hence our emphasis on “BRANDS LIVE HERE” as our selling point.
The Lead Finance and Administration Officer will steer and develop an internal team to support the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting and administration.
- The Head of Finance will report to the Commercial Director.
- Internal: Agency management/leadership team; Creative teams and directors; Creative services and production staff; Human Resources; Administration support.
- External: Client marketing team; Client procurement personnel; Other agencies in their client’s roster e.g. Media, Public Relations; Regulatory bodies, External Audit team.
- They will manage and motivate their team member, being accountable for their performance and providing them with professional development opportunities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all financial and operational aspects of FML and ensure compliance with standard in-house accounting policies and procedures and procurement integrity.
- Oversee preparation and submission of monthly financial statements (including expenses, receivable and payables).
- Understand the agency business model, products and services and seek ways to grow and generate more revenue as well as reduce costs.
- Ensure timely submission of expense reports, bank reconciliations and wire transfer requests to the commercial director.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual expenditures and prepare pipeline estimates for running and upcoming projects.
- Prepare biweekly cash requirements; monitor cash flow and reconcile cash accounts in order to maintain appropriate cash balances.
- Oversee procurement and payroll administration.
- Ensures appropriate systems and cost effective, timely procedures such as cash management, vendor payments, and budgeting are in place to properly disburse, account, budget and report funds and have the proper internal controls.
- Supervise administrative support team member plus their personal and professional development.
- Ensure compliance and adherence with applicable tax requirements including VAT, PAYE and NSSF.
Qualifications, Experience and skills;
- Should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Commerce; ACCA or other relevant accounting qualification
- Possess at least three to five years’ experience preferably in a media and advertising setting.
- In depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and book keeping, budgeting and risk management.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the proven ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously and against deadline
- Exceptional communication skills, including writing, editing and verbal capabilities.
- Pragmatic sense of business acumen, problem solving abilities, creativity, and sense of “getting things done”
- Computer literacy i.e. Use of financial accounting packages and software.
- Confident in conducting contract negotiations and lead client and procurement meetings.
- Knowledgeable about their client’s business and market, and where and how advertising contributes to its success.