About Fine Media Ltd (FML)
Over a decade and counting of creative and innovative Cinematography, Communications, behavioural change, Events, and Experiential Marketing Agency in the Market. We deliver solutions and believe that the best quality in our industry can only be achieved and delivered at Fine Media, hence our emphasis on “BRANDS LIVE HERE” as our selling point.
The copywriter is responsible for taking a client’s advertising brief and generating original copy ideas that grab the attention of the target audience. This position calls for a creative thinker with excellent writing and research skills. The copywriter will write and edit copy for a variety of projects (including print, web, mobile, video, and social media), working closely with the business convergence and design teams to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and develop messaging. Thorough research and interviews will be required to understand each client’s industry, products/services, branding, and marketing goals. The most successful copywriter will be a quick learner with a versatile writing style.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret creative briefs to develop and produce creative concepts through execution on assigned brands
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of corporate marketing and communications materials
- Meet with the business and convergence department to discuss the client’s requirements and core messages
- Research and understand the client’s needs and target audiences, through online searches, reviews of existing research, interviews with subject matter experts, and in-person meetings
- Brainstorm ideas for the visual and words with other members of the creative team from concept development to delivery of final product
- Produce well-written content that is SEO friendly and optimized for conversion by formulating and integrating keywords.
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables to internal team, and to client representative as needed, and participate in client pitches on occasion.
- Writing various copy options, which may be presented to the client as a story board (a consecutive series of frames depicting the script and drawings that may be used)
- Revise copy based on internal and client feedback/direction
- Overseeing the production phase, booking and liaising with designers and photographers.
- Casting actors and models to appear in adverts.
Qualifications, Experience and skills;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in journalism, communications or related courses.
- Minimum 2 years professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of work for digital, print and broadcast channels.
- Exceptional writing and research skill
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Pro plus experience working with content management systems, WordPress, etc.
- Social media or content marketing experience a plus
- Experience with SEO copywriting best practices
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides a plus
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design
- Be highly creative and imaginative, and curious about clients’ products or services.
- Understand the different language styles that appeal to various target markets.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work well in a team and with a range of creative people.
- Be able to work under pressure and manage workloads effectively.
- Be highly self-motivated and well organized.
- Be able to see other people’s points of view and take on board feedback.