About Fine Media Ltd (FML)
Over a decade and counting of creative and innovative Cinematography, Communications, behavioral change, Events, and Experiential Marketing Agency in the Market. We deliver solutions and believe that the best quality in our industry can only be achieved and delivered at Fine Media, hence our emphasis on “BRANDS LIVE HERE” as our selling point.
The Art Director is responsible for conceptualizing visuals based on Client briefs, creating images and layouts by hand or using design software and testing graphics across various media in close collaboration with the Lead, Creatives. This role is equivalent to visual storytelling that engages, informs, and inspires, therefore the Creative Support should be able to take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them into a design that connects with the clients needs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing client proposals from typesetting through to design, print and production
- Working with clients, briefing and advising them with regard to design style, format, print production and timescales
- Developing concepts, graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos and websites for clients that meet business goals.
- Determining size and arrangement of copy and illustrative material, as well as font style and size.
- Preparing rough drafts of material based on an agreed brief
- Obtain input from management, ensuring designs meet organizational standards and brand expectations, express ideas accurately, and represent FML and client appropriately.
- Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements if required
- Liaising with external printers on a regular basis to ensure deadlines are met and material is printed to the highest quality.
- Work independently and cooperatively on multiple projects with projects team, meeting deadlines and budget constraints, and scheduling project implementation based on workload, which may include five or more simultaneous projects.
- Examine existing processes, identifying flaws, and creating solutions to improve design capabilities.
- Update and maintain internal databases of designs, photography, and video.
- Collaborate, brainstorm, and strategize with multiple teams or clients for a wide range of materials that may include web pages, presentations, signage, internal communication, newsletters, and marketing materials.
- Manage the design and uploading process of all project material, understanding best practices for using a content management system.
- Use trend intelligence and an understanding of the current and historical business and market to design and execute specific classifications.
Qualifications, Experience and skills;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphics Design, Fine Arts or related field.
- Proven graphic designing experience
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements, and multimedia design.
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines